Sunday, June 13, 2010

Week 4 : Books and social networking


Love it, love it, love it. Only problem is I keep going there for a quick peek and the next thing I know it's an hour later. Just too addictive! I would definitely recommend this site to book lovers. Also I can see how this could be a great tool for readers advisory, however one must be careful not to get too distracted. But for those "I think it's called ..." quests this site can be a great help. The reviews appear to actually be helpful, well the ones I looked at definitely were, rather than totally positive fan raves or else totally negative putdowns, IYKWIM. Still need to check out the 'Bookshelves' when I have more time, but it looks like it's easy to do and having a to-read option is great for those books you have recommended to you and then when you can't get it straight away you forget the details. This one's a definite keeper in that I know I will use it regularly from now on.

1 comment:

tosca said...

I heart GoodReads so I'm quite chuffed that you like it ;) If you get a chance (although we both know how busy busy busy life in the branches is) check out their online community. I joined a couple of their online bookclubs and my reading knowledge has grown a heapload.