Thursday, June 3, 2010

Week 3 : Twitter - micro-blogging at a glance


So I joined up on Twitter, very straight forward process to sign up, thank goodness as I was unable to watch the 'How to' clip on my work computer. I managed to leave a tweet,(Well I think I did), but I probably won't ever tweet again. Just not my scene I'm afraid. However for others, (like those that have a life worth twittering about), I can see that it would be a quick way to keep all up to date. Mind you, you wouldn't want to overdo the amount of tweets you are sending people as that would just get irritating and you will lose friends. Still a quick, efficient and painless way to keep patrons up-to-date with what is happening at our libraries.

1 comment:

tosca said...

Twitter is definitely not to everyone's taste and, depending on who you follow, it can be a worthwhile experience (in the way of businesses who tweet latest sales, deals etc.) or totally rubbish (people who tell you what they're eating for b'fast, lunch and dinner). Definitely feel free to delete your twitter account :)