Thursday, May 20, 2010

We (b2.0) return. Week 1.

Hurrah, Web 2.0 returns. Personally I'm glad to see it back, I learnt so much last time and hopefully will this time too. My only real fear/problem is finding the time to complete the exercises, hence my late start at it, however as long as I get it done eh?
As for how a Public Library might use a blog, they could use it to;
1. Keep patrons up to date with events.
2. Book recommendations / reviews.
3. New and upcoming books.
4. Librarian ramblings / sharing their knowledge.
5. Share ideas and discuss issues.
6. Keep patrons informed of any changes or news happening in the library.
I think these are the sorts of things a patron would expect to see on a library blog but best of all, they can add their own comments and have their own say.

1 comment:

tosca said...

Hi de hi - welcome back to web 2.0! I really like your blog! The layout is simple and uncluttered and your sidebar features books (I'm a major book cover fan). Even better, your profile pic is hilarious :) Those are some great ideas for how a blog can be used. Congratulations - week 1 out of the way!