Thursday, July 31, 2008

Who, What , Where, Why, Wiki ????



The only Wiki I had heard of was Rueben... hint for those yet to discover Wiki... it's not him. So now we know what it's not, let's try to suss out what it is.
I'm not sure if I actually do understand what it is but I think that it is a website that allows everyone and anyone (no special skills needed) to be a part of developing the site by changing and/or adding information to it. Clear as mud?
I loved the Book Lovers Wiki and thought that was a good application that could be used by our library. Also I suppose a community based wiki could be successful too. But I think that any information taken from a wiki site would need to be checked as anyone could put what they like so a bit of doublehandling.
Verdict: - Undecided

No comments: